Saturday, June 09, 2007

Events from week three...

On Wednesday, we loaded up and drove down to NTM's main highlands support center (Lapilo).


At Lapilo, we learned about the various support role ministries that enable tribal missionaries to be in isolated locations. Like teachers, pilots, dorm parents, and the tribal supply department. Pictured here are supplies ready to be flown into one of the tribal teams (this is the tribe I visited 4 years ago when I cam to PNG). Many of these ministries are in desperate need of personnel. To get a good idea of the needs for support missionaries and opportunities for you to serve as an associate missionary, follow this link. http://www.ntm.org/png/careers.php


Here, Heti is showing me how they carve their bows from the hardwood of a dark palm tree. I bought this bow from him, and he was putting some finishing touches on it.


What fun is a bow that you can't shoot? We've been practicing.


Rarely did I hit the target that first day. I split this arrow with a wild shot. I'll keep working on it, so I can take it this fall when I go elk hunting.


The missionaries at INTERFACE have some big tough dogs for added security. Doesn't Misty just seem ferocious?








No comments: