Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Trip to Michigan (New Tribes Bible Institute)

So here's some highlights from the past two weeks and my trip out here to Michigan.
Leaving my home church, Ustick Baptist, in Boise, Idaho.
I used every square inch of my trunk space.

Packed it all in pretty good.

Henry's Lake (Eastern Idaho)
Guess which one is mine...probably not your first guess (look closely).

My parents and I got to spend my last week out West at an Awana Camp with some teens in Montana! Dad was the main speaker & I did the music. Also got to challenge the students to be world christians and to get involved in missions work around the world. I got to go with them into Bozeman for a children's outreach. Played my guitar as we led the kids in some fun songs.

They shared the gospel message with these kids using the wordless bracelet.


Here was one of the highlights. We took a group of brave campers into the woods and had a "discipleship session"....we tested their ability to dodge paintballs and taught them humility. Haha, well sort of.....I actually got taken out in the first round by two of the Jr. High boys.

After camp, I spent a couple days in the mountains fishing with my dad and cousin.


Notice I said fishing and not catching. They weren't biting at this lake...but the view was great!

I'm going to miss the West (sniff, sniff).

On my way through Wyoming...


I camped out the first night near Mt. Rushmore...all by myself.

This is my first cross-country trip by myself. 34 hours of driving through 9 states in all. It was nice to stretch my legs once in a while.

Drove through that mountain.

On my way through Minnesota (lots of farms)...beautiful country.

No comments: