Tuesday, July 07, 2009

IFCA National Youth Convention (June 21-26)

What a privilege it was to be a part of the IFCA National Youth Convention this year! (IFCA stands for Independent Fundamental Churches of America)

On behalf of New Tribes Bible Institute, I got the opportunity to represent unreached tribal people & challenge the students to Discover their Role in how they could be a part of reaching tribes with the Gospel. As a missions rep. at the convention, I taught 2 breakout sessions on missions. Had a good response from those who came!

As I counselor, I got to spend the week with these six delegates (Michael, Zach, Trevor, Kyle, Nick, & Matt). Part of their week (& all the students) was intensive Bible quizzing - they've spent all year studying for this! They also participated in other Ministry Training Areas, such as singing, preaching, etc. These guys are from Washington state & Illinois.

I really enjoyed getting to know students like Ryan, who is desiring to go into full-time medical missions. Please PRAY for Ryan & others, that God would raise up laborers from this group to take the Gospel where it's never been.

The Convention was hosted by Appalachian Bible College in Mt. Hope, WV.

What a bonus to be able to join a couple excursions into the New River Gorge!

We had just repelled over a 120 ft cliff!

I got to run a 5K with 2 of my guys (Zach & Trevor). This is an annual event at the IFCA Convention. Trevor did it in under 20 minutes!! Zach & I finished together at just over 21 minutes! I was aiming at under 30 min, so I was happy (staying fit for the mission field)!
Thank you for those of you who prayed for this event! What a joy it has been to see God work in the lives of these students & to encourage them in their pursuit of Him. Some have already expressed a desire to serve Him on the foreign mission field!!! Praise the Lord!

No comments: