Tuesday, July 07, 2009

NTM Enrichment Conference - June 15-19

The NTM Enrichment Conference was a highlight for this year! God opened a door for me to go to the conference this past month (for New Tribes Missionaries), held in Roach, Missouri at our Missionary Training Center. I was able to help out with the high school group (about 90 of them!). Greg Speck was the speaker for the youth - he did a great job challenging our hearts as we seek to walk with God & live out the Christian Life.
I had the privilege of leading the Music (worship/praise) times for the High School group with my good buddy, Ben Brown. Thanks Ben!

On Thursday night, everybody gets together for a youth & family service. We put together a youth band & led the music for the whole group. Oh was a beautiful thing it was to be drowned out by this crowd of missionaries!! You should've heard it.

Here's the group (about 350 of them). Some of these are missionaries home for the year on furlough, some are US Missionaries serving at our training centers & headquarters. And then there were some who are still in the process of finishing training & heading overseas.

The last morning (Friday), it's customary for the worship leaders to wear an apron. I used mine as a cape.

It was also special to see some of my guys from Camdenton First Baptist Church who I got to know when I served their youth group back in 2005-06. (Curtis, Jaron, & Sam)

Another annual custom for the youth is to have a flour fight. Don't know what year it started, but it's just as messy every year!
So why do I share this crazy conference week with you? Because many of these teens will be taking the gospel to the ends of the earth - many of them are sold out to Jesus Christ & are already committed to taking the gospel where it's never been. These missionary kids have my respect & my prayers as they finish high school & continue to pursue God's direction for their lives. Will you pray with me for them -that they would grow to be spiritual champions?

No comments: