Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spirit Week & Field Day

This past week was our Spirit Week at NTBI!!
As you can tell, Monday was Nerd Day... Each day we had a theme, leading up to Friday - Spirit Day - when we all drove to our other NTBI campus in Waukesha, WI for the weekend.
This is my good buddy, David Duron - leading a cheer for our (Jackson) team!
Here's some students getting ready to cheer us on our men's & women's soccer teams!

Shannah & I trying to stay warm - it was a chilly day.

I know I look like I'm about to hit a home-run........but I didn't. :{ I got caught out in Left Field.
I blame the sun for being in my eyes.

It was definitely a highlight visiting my sister Rachael, who is a student at Waukesha. Shannah & Rachael are cheering on our softball team.
Here's our men's soccer team, taking the field.

The men's game was intense! I'm catching my breath on the sidelines.

Before long I was back in the game flying through the air - literally. Remember how last year I nearly got a concussion? Well, this year, I did a little better - but I still managed to get roughed up a bit. That's me in the blue shorts about to get kicked in the head twice-in-one-second. I also had another first -- skidding across the grass on my face on another occasion. And besides nearly destroying my achilles tendon, it was a pretty fun game. I should really lay off soccer.

In the end though, we were victorious (4-3)! So I had a part in beating the team from my own school (I played for Waukesha against Jackson back in '02-'04 when I was a student). I kinda feel like a two-face. But ultimately, the weekend was a wonderful time of fellowship between our students & staff, as we all worship the same God & are part of the same Institution.

No comments: