Monday, July 25, 2005

Camp Pinewood (High School Church Camp) - July 18-23


So after a whole day of "rest" from Awana Camp, I was on a bus and back up to McCall, ID to help out with High School camp for my home church's youth group and a few other youth groups. I got to be a counselor for four ninth grade guys and again, had great opportunities to invest in their lives, just through conversation, cabin times, and of course, during the many eventful activities of the week.

This was one of my favorite "outings" from the week. We all (about 70 people) hiked up to Boulder Lake for the afternoon. It was beautiful. The hike was a couple miles and pretty steep at some places. This is just below the lake. The water is running right through the rock and had carved it out! Talk about cold water. When we finally got up there, we climbed up and around and down to a nice rock ledge (about 15 feet high) which we then jumped off of into the COLD water. It was great. On my way down, I took a different route and ended up on a higher ledge about 35 feet high...what could I do but JUMP! It was great...probably the closest I've ever come to "flying" outside a plane (yeah, more like falling without style...haha).

What a great week...lots of lives impacted! And an energizer for me (in a tiring sort of way). Now that camps are over for me this summer, I'm starting to get ready to head to Missouri in three weeks. Please pray for me as there's lots to do. It has been a great summer interning with my church and being involved with various ministries. It's not over yet though, so I don't want to "check out." Please pray also that I would not wear myself out right before I head to Missouri. That would be a bad start. Good to know God is in control. May you enjoy Him today! All for now. Posted by Picasa

No comments: