Saturday, September 29, 2007

Visiting Waukesha (New Tribes Bible Institute)

Just after the wedding I got to stay in Waukesha for a week and visit NTBI. I stayed with Eric Smith (roommates together again). Fun times! On the morning of Michael's wedding, the NTBI students had a free community carwash as an outreach.
I went and picked the groom up in Old Blue (Eric's car). They washed it up real nice!
Mary Ellis was my sister Rachael's roommate at Ecola Bible School. Now she's at NTBI and she just had her birthday. Kristine Lewis (on right) went to Interface in Papua New Guinea this summer. We helped Mary celebrate.


Went down to the lakefront by downtown Milwaukee, WI.
The city sure looks cool at night. We were out on a pier...there was a salmon run going on and fishermen were pulling some big ones out!
Lake Michigan and Downtown Milwaukee.
At the end of the week I went back out to the lakefront with Skeeter and Nate, friends from Idaho & Utah. These guys are goofy (we get along well).


Eric and I got to visit with Gabriel and Rachel Nunez. We went through the NTM training together. Guess where they met?
Meagan and I hanging out with Abel Richards and Jonny Freeman (staff kids)...these boys have grown like weeds since I saw them three years ago!!
Some of my NTBI dorm bro's and sisters got together with our dorm parents (Freemans & Weavers)...had a little reunion at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Meagan was my dorm sister at NTBI. She came up to visit us from Emmaus Bible College where she's getting her teaching degree. She wants to teach missionary kids overseas. Pray for more people like Meagan...there is a huge need for teachers overseas, even as short-term associates. If you want to know more about opportunities how you could serve overseas even for a year, visit www.ntm.org/go

She brought Nicole, her friend from Emmaus. Nice weekend gettaway.
Josh and Andrea Saari, friends from Idaho, are living in Madison, WI. My friend Joe and I got to have dinner with them.
A week after the wedding, I got to go see Kelly's Senior Violin Recital. She just graduated as a music major from Maranatha Baptist Bible College. Plays a mean violin. Go Kelly!
Maranatha has a beautiful campus. This is the hall where her concert was.
Got to hang out with R2-D2 in Milwaukee. He collects mail for the US Postal Service as a day job.



No comments: